The Branch Manager is responsible for providing oversite of all operations functions within a branch, training, motivating, and monitoring staff performance while providing exceptional service to current and potential customers to meet their everyday banking needs. This includes training and marketing and cross-selling products and services, as well as performing customer service, branch operations and teller functions.
• Performs all essential functions of a Lobby Services Manager (LSM) at a higher level, handling more complex transactions, account structures, product offerings accurately and efficiently in adherence to bank policies and federal and state regulations ; seeks assistance from Regional Manager when necessary
• Abides by system and position limits; provides approvals to staff within those limits; makes sound decisions balancing what is good for the customer and what is good for the bank
• Assists in managing the security and safety of the branch, by following security and safety policies and procedures in place; Alerts appropriate departments of any suspicious behavior or deviations from policy set forth
• Maintains positive communication between the branch and regional management by providing oral or written reports regarding operations and productivity; Formulates recommendations and provides feedback to management regarding operational policies and procedures
• Maintains controls over audit procedures within the branch to ensure compliance with key controls; Assists in ensuring that the branch is in compliance with bank policies and all state and federal laws and regulations
• Maintains knowledge of the Bank’s products and services in order to efficiently train and motivate staff to offer the appropriate products to customers
• Provides training to staff in regard to operations, policies, professionalism, decision making
• Assists in the interviewing, hiring and training of new LSRs and LSMs
• Schedules, supervises, and motivates branch staff in an effort to maintain optimal customer satisfaction levels
• Assists in evaluating staff’s work performance by helping to prepare and deliver annual reviews and performing ongoing coaching sessions;
• Completes progressive corrective action for staff policy or procedure violations, performance transgressions, behavioral/conduct infractions, absenteeism/tardiness; follows through with Performance Improvement Plans issued to employees
• Monitors quality of service for customers, and ensures that employees are maximizing referral opportunities
• Represent and promote the bank within the business community
• Reviews Teller transactions for accuracy and appropriate funds availability decisions
• Reviews new accounts and account maintenance to ensure accurate documentation
• Responsible for clearing customer exceptions within establish time frames for the branch and communicating with the Branch Operations Support and Compliance departments on outstanding items
• Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned
• The ability to maintain composure and convey a positive attitude while interacting with customers and internal team members
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines
• Self-motivated, goal oriented, team player
• Strong interpersonal skills and sales aptitude
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Basic math proficiency with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to help customers with their transactions and balance teller drawer
• Read and comprehend at a level sufficient to understand memoranda, instructions, forms, applications and business documentation
• Ability to coach and mentor
• Critical Thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems, makes recommendations on process improvements
• Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
• Communication - Outstanding listening and communication skills, written and verbal. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Participates in meetings. Communicates with staff and management in a positive manner.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety & Security - Observes safety and security procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Uses equipment and materials properly. Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
• Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) required
• College Degree preferred
• Minimum of five years banking experience, with at least two years in a supervisory capacity
• Proficiency with 10 key touch, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
• Experience with Jack Henry banking software is a plus
•Working indoors in an office environment
•Standing, sitting, or walking most of the day
•Occasionally lifting and carrying articles weighing up to fifty pounds (files, ledgers, folders, coins, etc.)
•Must be able to occasionally fill in at other locations within the region